Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First week weigh-in complete...

and 4lbs gone. Hurrah!

What was all that worrying for? Though I expect I'll feel similarly concerned and pressured for a few weeks to come until I get used to the rhythm of weigh-ins again. I got to share the trick that worked for me last week: lots of "macks" (meal-snacks, or small meal portions) dispersed throughout the day and using the hunger chart (at least for the first few days). Both kept me in tune with what my body needed rather than simply what my brain desired.

And, I told my mum I joined up, which was a big debate for me. We've had a long shaky history with weight and weight-loss together. Starting with WW when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I used to think she loved me more when I was thinner- now I wonder if she feels successful as a mother and so loves herself a little more when I'm thinner. Whatever the case, I sometimes feel a little pressure (that has led down the path to bulimia on more than one occasion before) when discussing body/health/weight with mum. But, I'm giving us both a chance and we've set up parameters to only check-in once a week about it. I don't like to hide things from her, so I hope this makes it less stressful for me on that front.

Then I wrapped up my evening by coming home to freshly-cooked Roasted Winter Vegetable Lasagne, a la my honey. I'd worked out points for it in the morning so was easily able to direct her in dishing me up a slice that I enjoyed with a glass of white wine and followed-up with decaf tea and a truffle. Yum!

Tonight is my first book club night- I already know that there'll be cookies and brownies. But, I'm going prepared with hummus and carrots, my dinner (Oaxaca Tortilla with Black Bean Stew, Salsa & Sour Cream- yummy!), and enough points for 1 Brownie or I have an emergency 1 point WW Dark Chocolate Raspberry bar with me if I need to use my brownie points later on today for a snack. And, I've worked out already so feel great- have decided that am workouts are the best (though most mornings I'll have to get up earlier than today as I don't usually start my work day this late).

Anyhow, need to do the dishes before work. Till later.

No comments: