Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It's the small things...



So I joined Weight Watchers again on Saturday morning. It was an act of rebellion and of appreciation: a small step, a small victory, and a small "I believe in you, lady." 

Going back to Weight Watchers is about losing weight, yes, and it's about more than that. It's about investing time in myself. About believing that I'm worth the time to pour my own consciousness into; that my body, my heart, and my mind are good as they are *and* better when they're healthier. 

So, while I didn't love the leader on Saturday, I love that I went to meeting. And that I stayed. And that I'm going back. And that I'm in this journey once again. And that I'm already appreciating the small things. Like the run/walk I went for this weekend; the first in a month.

It was lovely.

Sunday afternoon was a gray, rainy day- the kind of reminds me of Berwick. I'd spent all afternoon cooking up garlic-ginger  fried rice with veggies and tofu (one of this week's meals- another small wonder), and I needed to stretch. So, I donned my gear and headed for the pond. Including a warm-up ten minutes and cool down of five, I was out for 50 minutes total.

According to the JP Pond's website, it's a 1.5 mile loop around the pond, so with my added distance to and from, it seems as though I did a 4.25 mile run/walk. My knee (left this time) felt it on Monday, so I need to take extra stretch precautions. Tonight, after dancing, I'll foam roll.

It was so good to get out- am looking forward to going again this afternoon. It's likely I'll  just walk today as my knee is still tender and there's dancing tonight and spin tomorrow. Oh, spin. How I've missed my midday dance party...

Other small things I'm appreciating so far this week? 

  • Making space for quality time with one of my favorite people
  • Sitting down to eat breakfast in my kitchen this morning- a *BIG* accomplishment for a weekday
  • Tracking my points for breakfast, lunch and today's snack (which is dark chocolate- another small appreciation!) 
  • Writing in this blog

So many good things. So many good small things.

No comments: