Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Final four

Nov 27: I am thankful for traditions- like tree shopping and decorating, cookie making, family dinners and post-munch walks, holiday games, cheers and toasts. I love them all!

Nov 28: I am thankful for the mentors and guides who have been a part of my life: Mrs. Malkin, the teacher who reassured me that loving books and reading was nerdy AND fabulous. My nana whose loving patience still encourages me to calm my tongue and temper. Toni, whose affirmations, gentle challenges, wisdom and bawdy humor lights me to go further- in spiritual searching, social/political deconstruction, community building, and self care. My parents who root me in the ground and remind me thatbeing myself is a great thing and that family is priceless.

Nov 29: I am thankful for groupon and my kickboxing classes. For my wife who encouraged me to go to class even with a headache. For the instructor who corrected my form and praised my efforts. For the  awesome power of sweat and effort and release.

Nov 30: I am thankful for taking this last month to reflect on my blessings. I am reminded of the kindness that the universe has shared with me and that it is necessary that I take the time to appreciate all the outcomes of that kindness in my life. This is an exercise I'll carry with me and hope to mindfully continue.

No comments: