Monday, March 19, 2012

Changing strategy

This past week I took a quick trip (Mon-Sat) to Georgia to see the family. It was self-care heaven. Not only did I get to be with my family bit I got to invest in myself.

The week started off with a massage & pedicure (thanks to mum) and continued with daily gym visits and a trip to the driving range with dad. Although I've been enviously commenting on my wife's gym membership and midday buddy-runs for months now, I didn't realise how much I missed the gym and the fitness company of strangers until I was there.

In January I re-invested in Weight Watchers meetings, but have found myself unmotivated by their content. And, until last week, I struggled to prioritize and enjoy exercise. I've still managed to lose a few pounds but feel dissatisfied with my self and the process. So, now I'm changing my strategy.

This week I'm getting rid of my ww membership and joining a gym with the money I'll save. I'm going to visit the west roxbury ymca tonight. It has cardio & weight machines, pool access and fitness classes all for the sum of $50/mo. It's an investment but there's no contract so of something changes at work (like it did last year) I'll still be okay financially. It's also only 5-7 mins from the houseand has free parking...major pluses.

So, keep your fingers crossed that I like the ymca! I'll still need to work on prioritizing gym time, but I think that the fitness options and energy of my fellow gym goers will make that more of an excitement and less of a hassle.

And, I'm going to work on posting thoughts more frequently here!

No comments: